• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is this normal healing

N

Nervous man

Hello I’m hoping some one can help me I had a molar removed on Wednesday morning a couple of days ago I noticed this was showing is this normal healing or is it infected (I hope not ) mouth still a little swollen but the tooth was a infected root canal just need a little reassurance as a very anxious person with dentists thanks

Attachments

• FA7F6B79-B6A5-4667-AB7B-E6D9FF22E9DB.png
    FA7F6B79-B6A5-4667-AB7B-E6D9FF22E9DB.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
That is exactly what my molar extraction looked like at that stage. It will look gross and grayish, then look like it has a whitish film on it. Then it will start to look like gums again. It takes a few weeks.

That is exactly what my molar extraction looked like at that stage. It will look gross and grayish, then look like it has a whitish film on it. Then it will start to look like gums again. It takes a few weeks.
Thanks for the reply did you still get a small amount of pain and swelling

Thanks for the reply did you still get a small amount of pain and swelling

Yes, swelling was worse on day 3 and 4, and pain actually increased on day 4 and 5, which my oral surgeon said was normal. Then it gradually tapered off. It took a good week or so before I didn't need tylenol.

Yes, swelling was worse on day 3 and 4, and pain actually increased on day 4 and 5, which my oral surgeon said was normal. Then it gradually tapered off. It took a good week or so before I didn't need tylenol.
Thank you so much I have a appointment today just to check it out as I can taste something horrible in my mouth I had a abscess on the tooth that got removed I’m hoping it’s that coming out lol

Thank you so much I have a appointment today just to check it out as I can taste something horrible in my mouth I had a abscess on the tooth that got removed I’m hoping it’s that coming out lol

Good thing to get it checked if you are worried. My oral surgeon sent an after care pamphlet and one of the things it said was that it was normal to have a bad taste for several days to up to a week.

Hope your appt goes well and they can reassure you!

Hope your appt goes well and they can reassure you!
Just a quick up date healing very well all normal he cleaned with some wash in a syringe feeling much better now I know it’s not infected just keep using mouth wash and keep area clean thanks for the messages everyone

Back