• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Local anesthesia side effect?

L

Lexie35

After a dental visit I'm finding that I feel pretty lousy & tired. I'm new to sitting in the chair & trying hard to overcome my fear. Is this normal or has anyone else experienced it? I didn't take any drugs for anxiety either. Can the local anesthesia do this?

I've only had GA it knocks me for six but that's prob coz I'm small+dont weigh much. (never had local or I.v)

What you’re describing sounds like what I feel like after I have a period of acute anxiety about anything. Once the thing passes that’s caused the anxiety, I feel totally wrecked - profoundly exhausted, messed up stomach, just generally off. I’m not a dentist, but I really don’t think there’s anything in the local anesthetic that could cause that - at least for me, it’s just my body trying to recover from the stress/anxiety,

What you describe is not directly linked to the local, but has to do with your dental fear. Your biochemistry changes when you have fear and your adrenaline levels go high. As soon as you are out of practice you get tired, that's the effect of adrenaline.

After a dental visit I'm finding that I feel pretty lousy & tired. I'm new to sitting in the chair & trying hard to overcome my fear. Is this normal or has anyone else experienced it? I didn't take any drugs for anxiety either. Can the local anesthesia do this?

Back