• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Perioprotect?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fromyesterday
  • Start date Start date
F

fromyesterday

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
306
Does anyone here use it or have any opinions on it? My perio suggested it, but it's $600 and not covered by insurance, and since my oral hygiene has been so great lately I'm just wondering if I even really need it. :\
 
I don't use or recommend it
 
Why is that, comfortdentist? (sorry, I don't know your name!)
 
Okay I practice in Miami and I know about a dozen periodontists; a profession that must be one of the most frustrating of all know. This is because the majority of your patients are in your office because of either bad habitsorlackof good habits. Of all of these gum specialists only one is a perio protect provider.Perio protect is sold via dentists and not in stores (pharmacies) and usually the sales pitch to dentists is how to make money by providing this exclusively. This bothers me. Like I say I don't mind spending someone's money but I don't want to waste it.
 
Good to know, thank you!
 
As far as my post on bad habits. I am NOT trying to put a guilt trip on anyone. We all have bad habits. My own is paper work I hate it and avoid it so it comes back and causes me problems at time. While people vary in their genetic susceptibility to dental disease patients behaviors are still the major factor in how long their teeth and or implants will last.
 
Back
Top