N
nervnelly
Junior member
- Joined
- Jul 26, 2012
- Messages
- 8
Finally broke down & went to dentist after 30 years -- the pain was greater than my fear, I guess! Anyway, many of my teeth are pretty badly decayed/broken. The dentist put me on antiobiotics for infected lower molar. Went back week later, and he pulled out the molar as well as the wisdom tooth next to it, which had erupted but was badly decayed. The dentist had me take valium and then used novocaine, and the process wasn't so bad. So far, so good. Week later & I'm feeling pretty good other than one spot on the lower jaw which is sore to the touch. Suppose to go back and get my upper right wisdom tooth, which is also erupted and decayed/broken, along with a badly decayed/broken upper molar pulled. However, I am really anxious about how this dentist is going to be able to reach back their and pull those teeth, especially the wisdom which is very hard to see, even with my mouth wide open. Thought I saw something on the internet about some type of jaw opener tool, the thought of which scares the living daylights out of me! Kind of wish now the dentist had just referred me to an oral surgeon, so that I could have been put under and had all these extractions done at once as even after these are pulled, then we have to go to work on the left side with some molars. How will the dentist be able to reach that wisdom tooth and pull it, without damaging the molar next to it, which isn't the molar that needs pulled? Sorry, this post is so long and that I don't know the teeth #'s like I've seen some of the posters use.



