OMG, have you read any of my posts about my root canal? No way are you a bigger chicken than me. I have been whining about my situation for weeks. I had the root canal appt., I cancelled it, I had a filling hoping that would prevent the root canal, but it didn't, and now it's rebooked for next Wednesday. I've been in for consultations with the dentist and endodontist, had phone consultations with them all including the anesthesiologist and been taking narcotics and Ativan for the pain and the anxiety.
So, please don't feel bad, no one is a bigger baby than me. The only thing worse than having the fear is being ashamed of it. No need, you are in good company here.
You will get through this and then you'll have the whole weekend to tell us what a piece of cake it was.
It's funny - but every time I talk to someone who has had a root canal - and that's been a lot lately - EVERY ONE of them told me it was NOTHING. I think we've all had years of hearing people's bad experiences, but I think in the past decade dentistry has gotten much better, and I'm sure as time goes on those bad stories and memories will be replaced by the stories we have - which all seem to be so much better than what we were told.
Of course I haven't had mine yet, so I can't comment, but I'm sure you'll be telling us the same thing after it's done!
Hang in there, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!