• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Small cavity in wisdom tooth, dentist says I can get a filling?

  • Thread starter Thread starter honeybee91
  • Start date Start date
honeybee91

honeybee91

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Messages
106
Location
86401
Yesterday was my first exam and x rays in 8 years and I was told bad news. I have periodontal disease and today I’m doing my first Deep cleaning. The dentist examined all of my teeetj carefully and looked at the pictures and x rays and said two of my wisdom teeth need to be pulled and one molar. He did say one wisdom teeth fully erupted and has a tiny cavity. He said “I can pull it or fill it. I would recommend pulling it but you can get a filling since the decay is small” a part of me wants to keep the tooth if it can be saved but I don’t know if that’s the best choice?
 
Ask your dentist to explain the pros and cons and decide from there? You're paying them for their expertise, make them earn it :-)
 
Back
Top