P
Punkin
Junior member
- Joined
- Jun 13, 2018
- Messages
- 6
- Location
- Pittsburgh, PA
I had upper gum surgery for my periodontal disease on May 9th, one of the worst days of my life. Also, I had teeth 8 and 9 extracted (both front top teeth) because I was told I had to. I am furious every single day over this experience. I was treated badly and lied to numerous times. I was told I must not feel like "adulting" because I was crying at the thought of losing my front teeth. My so called treatment options were having my top teeth pulled or not- but I was told if I didn't it would make surrounding teeth worse and they'd need extracted too. Fast forward to me asking about getting my front teeth replaced... I was told teeth 10 and 7 couldn't hold a bridge and might have to be extracted later! Uh, she first told me pulling teeth 8 and 9 was essentially to save 10 and 7. She also told me she wasn't sure about implants but a bridge was a "good option" for me! I followed her advice and she screwed me over. I am so sad about having no front teeth. I am in tears writing this. I hate wearing a flipper, mine looks ridiculous. I am uncomfortable with the flipper in and uncomfortable with it out. I cannot bite into any food. If food even just accidentally bumps my flipper, the flipper falls from the roof of my mouth. I understand there has to be healing time after surgery/extractions, but this doctor would not even map out a plan for fixing my missing teeth/appearance. She told me I "have teeth" when I asked about a bridge or implants. I never wanted dentures or a flipper! The doctor talked me into it and then just refused to let me have teeth back.
And the gum surgery.... I was not told non-surgical treatment existed because this doctor only does surgery. Screw ethics, screw what's best for the patient. I have been a type 1 diabetic for 27 years and was recommended surgery! Surgery should be the last resort for a diabetic, especially when it limits the foods you can eat. What would have happened if my blood sugar went low during the surgery? I couldn't have eaten! None of this was considered and I was too filled with anxiety to think about it at the time. She cut away my gums and my mouth looks so much worse. I told her before the surgery I couldn't bear for my mouth to look any worse. Before surgery the doctor came to talk to me only after I asked... and after I was already given Valium. I never take any meds like this so they make me very loopy. This again is highly unethical. I hate this woman so much. The pain medication she prescribed me were Norco 7.5/325mg (hydrocodone/acetaminophen). This is a pretty high dose, the highest dose I've seen is 10/325mg (I'm a nurse). I'm 4'10, this dose was way too high for me! I was given a high dose of addictive narcotics! I knew enough not to take them and flushed them. The worst part of all of this is that my gum disease is making my blood sugar high. This is why I'm so desperate to get my mouth in order. This periodontist told me the surgery was a success. When I asked if everything looked like it was supposed to I was told "yes". She said good clinical results were achieved. I felt something was off due to continued pain. When I went to a new periodontist, I was told the surgery was ineffective and there is no way my mouth should look like this so shortly after surgery. I asked if this was new buildup or was missed from the surgery. My new doctor said it was missed! My health would have been affected big time by my old doctor's negligence or her just flat out lying. She would have just kept pulling teeth and taking my money for procedures I feel she knew weren't working. I wish I could sue her but read how hard it is to win suits against dentists. I've posted numerous bad reviews hoping to save someone else all this heartache and mental torture.
For now my patients are just left with a nurse they trust a little less because she can't say words like Endoscopy correctly due to her god awful flipper.... All that hard work to graduate nursing school the top of all 3 classes down the drain because I can't pronounce words correctly with fake teeth! I sound so stupid!
And the gum surgery.... I was not told non-surgical treatment existed because this doctor only does surgery. Screw ethics, screw what's best for the patient. I have been a type 1 diabetic for 27 years and was recommended surgery! Surgery should be the last resort for a diabetic, especially when it limits the foods you can eat. What would have happened if my blood sugar went low during the surgery? I couldn't have eaten! None of this was considered and I was too filled with anxiety to think about it at the time. She cut away my gums and my mouth looks so much worse. I told her before the surgery I couldn't bear for my mouth to look any worse. Before surgery the doctor came to talk to me only after I asked... and after I was already given Valium. I never take any meds like this so they make me very loopy. This again is highly unethical. I hate this woman so much. The pain medication she prescribed me were Norco 7.5/325mg (hydrocodone/acetaminophen). This is a pretty high dose, the highest dose I've seen is 10/325mg (I'm a nurse). I'm 4'10, this dose was way too high for me! I was given a high dose of addictive narcotics! I knew enough not to take them and flushed them. The worst part of all of this is that my gum disease is making my blood sugar high. This is why I'm so desperate to get my mouth in order. This periodontist told me the surgery was a success. When I asked if everything looked like it was supposed to I was told "yes". She said good clinical results were achieved. I felt something was off due to continued pain. When I went to a new periodontist, I was told the surgery was ineffective and there is no way my mouth should look like this so shortly after surgery. I asked if this was new buildup or was missed from the surgery. My new doctor said it was missed! My health would have been affected big time by my old doctor's negligence or her just flat out lying. She would have just kept pulling teeth and taking my money for procedures I feel she knew weren't working. I wish I could sue her but read how hard it is to win suits against dentists. I've posted numerous bad reviews hoping to save someone else all this heartache and mental torture.
For now my patients are just left with a nurse they trust a little less because she can't say words like Endoscopy correctly due to her god awful flipper.... All that hard work to graduate nursing school the top of all 3 classes down the drain because I can't pronounce words correctly with fake teeth! I sound so stupid!