• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

who has dentures young

X

Xhannahx2467

Can people tell me there experiences if this is you please

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you definition of young is but I'm 29 and had 24 teeth extracted yesterday. I kept 2 teeth on the top and 2 teeth on the bottom and have partial dentures for both.

Did you have to go hospital to have them taken out?

No I went to an oral surgeon to have the taken out, I had impacted wisdom teeth that had to be surgically removed and a couple other as well.

I have to see an oral surgeon but they only have them in hospital and have to wait and it's frustrating as I just want them out and have dentures as my wedding is in August

The one I went to had his own office just like a dentist office, he wasn't in a hospital. Yes there is a bit of a wait with this stuff. They have to schedule the surgery and make the new dentures. I've heard that affordable dentures is a lot faster and cheaper than the dentist and oral surgeon route, I just wanted to use my regular dentist instead of some office I didn't know.

But my dentist won't do it or the dentures

You're an adult, and it's really up to you whether you want to let a dentist schedule full extractions with no dentures, or if you want to find a dentist who will fit your needs much better.

More specifically to the thread, I got dentures at 25. I'm now nearly 28, and my life improved significantly after I got my dentures, and that hasn't changed. I don't fear smiling in public. I eat out with friends. I smile in photos. I'm very, very happy. Before that, I was agoraphobic and miserable.

It's definitely not a life-ruining situation. If you have bad teeth, it can be a life-saver!

Yeah thankyou you are right just not other many dentists take NHS patients and I can't afford to go private

It may be worth looking into payment plans for private dentist care in the UK. I've personally never had private care, so I can't officially recommend it, but it's worth looking into.

You may be able to get your work done private, but pay a monthly fee for it. It's worth phoning any private dentists in your area and asking if they take pay plans, and if so, what ones.

I know how horrible it is to be phoning all these people - I have social anxiety and I swear it almost gives me hives just thinking about it! But if it could help you, it's worth calling around just to see :)

Back