• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Worried about tooth next to extraction site

K

korzie

I recently had a molar extracted, seems to have heal fine. I have noticed the tooth next to the extraction site has a rough edge or ridge that seems to be the edge of a filling. There is also a dark line along this edge. There is no pain nor does it affect my chewinf, although when I floss around that tooth, I catch the floss on this ridge.
Should I be concerned or is this just because it couldn't be smoothed down before since there was a tooth in the way?
Thanks in advance, I am absolutely terrified that it may be broken even though rationally I am sure it's not.

If you had an old filling on the tooth next to it it wouldn't be unusual to have a slightly stained ledge there. Your dentist would need to take an x-ray and do an exam to make sure nothing else is going on with the filling.

Back