• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

10 years since dentist visit.

K

Kropeace

So i took the first step, im very young so im ashamed of my teeth being in this state.
I contacted the dentist and i met the most incredible dentist ever, possibly best i could have asked for.
Now after being met with the politeness i recieved, i stopped being nervous.
They took some xrays and they checked my teeth, she also brushed my teeth with some kind of machine to give me a fresh feeling in the mouth. She said i need 4 teeth extracted, i know im not done yet but i personally think its great i overcame my initial fear of visiting the dentist.

I also got some tips on brushing etc.

Now im just waiting to recieve my treatment plan, just wanted to share the first step in my journey of fixing my dental health after years of neglect.

I know i perhaps might not have such severe dental phobia as i see here, but i have been in denial about going to the dentist for a long time, and have finally got the ball rolling.

Thanks for sharing your success story. It’s great to hear you went over your shame and were able to get the help you needed. Good luck on the next steps.

Thanks for sharing your success story. It’s great to hear you went over your shame and were able to get the help you needed. Good luck on the next steps.
Thank you very much, going to the dentis is free where i live until you are 24. I think the next step before the extractions will be tartar removal 《 if thats what it is called )

Congrats on your success! The first step is the hardest for many people! Your story will no doubt inspire others trying to find the courage to make the first call.

Kropeace,

This is an awesome testimony !! So glad for you! You have courage and an awesome dentist!! And some real positive momentum!! :you-rock::welldone::perfect:

Back