• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

2nd molar extraction now neighbouring wisdom tooth infected again:(

G

gardsk

Hi all, you have been great at helping me thus far....to recap I lost a large chip of a tooth last week-emergency dentist said my long ago filled 2nd molar was rotten under the filling due to the wisdom tooth going into it! (Have had a few infections in wisdom tooth gum, is out about 1/2) Anyway ended up being a traumatic removal of my 2nd molar and got stitches to heal it!That was four days ago and yesterday my gums round the wisdom tooth, stitches and now large gap have swollen and seems it is infected again:( Got metrinidazole but boo hoped I wouldn;t get infections there anymore. Has anyone had the same, scared I will end up having wisdom out too and having nowt to eat with:shame:. Appreciate any help thanks:)

Hi gardsk,

It is still early days in terms of healing. The swelling could be just due to trauma and not infection. If the wisdom tooth is still partially covered by gum then there is a chance it may still get infected from time to time. However, the loss of the tooth in front normally helps things.

Give it some time and see how it goes.

Best of luck

Lincoln

Hi Lincoln, thanks very much for your reassurance.... Brain can definitely run away with self and really can't seem to find alot on other similar cases. Think will make appointment with dentist in next few weeks anyway and just go backand discuss concerns about being toothless . Thanks again

Back