• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

4 Premolar Teeth Being Pulled This Weekend. HELP?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScaredyCatFromBallerat
  • Start date Start date
S

ScaredyCatFromBallerat

Junior member
Joined
Oct 18, 2010
Messages
4

I am getting 4 premolar teeth extraction this Saturday, i've had 3 pulled before, but that was a TERRIBLE experience, i'm getting a different doctor, but i'm worried that he'll be worse! Please help, and if i ask for that 'Topical' Gel, then he'll just laugh because i'm only 16 and i dont know anything about anesthetics. Pleas help, im worried! Thanks. I'm more worried on the actual 'PULL' i know everyone says 'no its okay' but help! Terrible experience made me weaker!!:-?:-X[smiley=scared.gif][smiley=hiding.gif]
Caitlin
 
4 Premolar Teeth Extraction and freaking out!

Hey, there, i already posted one saying the same question, but i want to get more answers! so help please!


I am getting 4 premolar teeth extraction this Saturday, i've had 3 pulled before, but that was a TERRIBLE experience, i'm getting a different doctor, but i'm worried that he'll be worse! Please help, and if i ask for that 'Topical' Gel, then he'll just laugh because i'm only 16 and i dont know anything about anesthetics. Pleas help, im worried! Thanks
Caitlin[smiley=hiding.gif]
 
Hi moved your thread- You won't get more answers by posting twice but you will if you post in the support section instead of forum rules.

rp
 
Are you going to an oral surgeon? They can use IV sedation. You can ask about that. Some use local and laughing gas. I had five teeth out via an oral surgeon a month ago with IV sedation. After the IV was in I remember nothing and felt nothing. No dentist should laugh at you and if they do find someone else. You have to be comfortable with the dentist or oral surgeon. Make sure your family knows your concerns as well. It does not matter how old you are. There are always options for pain free extractions. I had awful dental experiences as a child so I know the fear. The key is a good dentist or oral surgeon. One that listens and understands and takes all your concerns and fears into account. They are out there. Please keep me updated.
 
Thanks for the tips. I am actually going to the dentist office not a surgeon. He asked me if i wanted IV but unfortunately my dad said no, because they need an 'anesthetist' to professionally put me to sleep. I am still quite scared, but your tips helped! thanks again
 
Oh, and the dentist was soooooooooo unconfident! because a few times i would go 'UGH' and he would give me MORE injections :/ thats why ive got a new one

can you give me moore tips im freaking outt :(
my dad said not to panic but i am :(
i've got dentist phobiaa
and like i said....terrible experience made me weaker
heeelpp
 
Back
Top