• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

5 year old's wobbly tooth

M

MumOfBoys1985

Sorry , me again! The saga with the rogue of a 5 year old and his flipping wobbly teeth. So, one of the two FINALLY dropped out on Sunday, the new adult tooth is well grown behind it so no gap really. The next along has been wobbly for a while and the adult tooth is also growing just behind that one too. However, last night the monkey was eating an ice cream and hes yanked the wobbly tooth half out of the gum. Lots of blood, screams like you've never heard (hes very dramatic, takes after his father ?). So now it looks like this - he wont eat because he said its stinging. I think its cos its yanked up and sharp on the edge. Hes let me brush his teeth both last night and this morning, its so wobbly I'm not sure how its even still there. Hes complaining its really sore - so my question, should I ring the dentist to see if it needs to be pulled out? He wont pull it out himself or let his daddy do it ..... even with the promise of a fiver and a visit from the tooth fairy ? . Or will it just hopefully drop out soon ? I'm worried because he's refusing to eat.

Thank you for your help as always

Attachments

• 20210203_093650.jpg
    20210203_093650.jpg
    938.8 KB · Views: 6
If he goes to the dentist, will he let the dentist remove it? Just needs a quick squirt of freezing spray and a twist of the fingers to go... if not, you could try increasing the bribe (sorry the incentives) to something he really wants more than a fiver?

You're a kind soul, that wouldn't have lasted 10 secs with my mother around, no matter how much I cried or yelled :)

Thanks Gordon. I'm not sure if he will or not, hes frightened its going to hurt but I have tried to reassure him it won't, and if it did it would just be 1 second and then gone. Can the freeze spray be purchased from anywhere without going to the dentist?

Youre right, I might have to up my bribe on this one, I have a feeling its going to cost me a small fortune. Kind of hoping his TA at school might pull it out. She did when my eldest bit into something with a very wobbly tooth and it ended up twisted in a funny position.

If left alone is it likely to get infected or anything?

If he goes to the dentist, will he let the dentist remove it? Just needs a quick squirt of freezing spray and a twist of the fingers to go... if not, you could try increasing the bribe (sorry the incentives) to something he really wants more than a fiver?

You're a kind soul, that wouldn't have lasted 10 secs with my mother around, no matter how much I cried or yelled :)
Thank the lord, its out! Seemingly it came out at lunchtime at school whilst eating a cupcake for pudding. That's saved me a fiver or more at least ?

School dinners have changed a lot since I went to school! Cupcakes indeed :)
No you can't buy freezing spray at the chemist, an ice cube would probably work if you could get it to the right spots.
No it wouldn't get infected or anything.
Glad you saved that fiver :)

Back