• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ache in teeth supporting resin bonded bridge

M

MollyMc

Hi all ?? Desperate for reasssurance please! I had a resin bonded bridge fitted in March- no preparation of teeth either side at all. The dentist x-rayed the supporting teeth. They have never been filled. One had a ‘blemish’ on it, but the dentist said it wasn’t a cavity. Anyway things have been done so far, but as of about three days ago, the area is starting to ache. I’m frantic that there must be an issue with the supporting teeth- there is no way I’d be able to get it looked at, all routine dentistry is still suspended for the foreseeable in the uk. It kind of feels like the teeth are just bothered by the strain of supporting the new tooth- could that be it? Please tell me it’s too soon for decay to have started under it? I am absolutely scrupulous with cleaning the area, I have attached a photo of the inside view.
Oh, and I do grind at night. But I wear a soft mouth guard.

thank you

Attachments

• FD3935E1-18B8-455B-B1BB-BD90858B2B38.png
    FD3935E1-18B8-455B-B1BB-BD90858B2B38.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
Hi,
Naturally it is impossible to give you a good answer without checking you.
I doubt whether there is a cavity underneath. Cavities develop very slowly (takes months if not years). Probably it is a pressure issue that can be balanced easily.

Back