• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Am Worried about the Gold Chain Bonding of Impacted Canine...

W

Weaboo

Hi Dental Fear Central,

I will be going through a Gold Chain Bonding for my upper left canine tooth in order to pull it into the correct position (it was behind my baby tooth which hasn't dropped till now; I am 25.) in September.

The dentist told me that it will be done concurrently with my wisdom tooth surgery under GA. The dentist also told me that the procedure could take up to a year for the tooth to come out into the front. Will it really take so long for the gold chain to be in there?

Furthermore, for the year, will I be able to eat normally? I believe the gold chain would be a huge nuisnace to eating but I can't imagine a year abstaining from some of my favorite foods which are hard in nature.

Also, has anyone done the above operation before? Would like to seek your experiences in order to soothe my fears.

Thank you for your help ;D;D;D

Shouldn't be bad just another orthodontic thing

Comfortdentist will Weaboo still be able to eat normally or are there things that aren't a good idea or a big no no.

Have you preformed this treatment?

What does it involve?

How does it work?

I have never heard of this is it a common treatment? :butterfly:

Hi comfort Dentist,

Would like your opinion on the usual duration taken for the gold chain to be stuck in there; will it really be in there for a year?

Also, will eating become a problem after installing the chain?

Thanks.

Hi Dental Fear Central,

I will be going through a Gold Chain Bonding for my upper left canine tooth in order to pull it into the correct position (it was behind my baby tooth which hasn't dropped till now; I am 25.) in September.

The dentist told me that it will be done concurrently with my wisdom tooth surgery under GA. The dentist also told me that the procedure could take up to a year for the tooth to come out into the front. Will it really take so long for the gold chain to be in there?

Furthermore, for the year, will I be able to eat normally? I believe the gold chain would be a huge nuisnace to eating but I can't imagine a year abstaining from some of my favorite foods which are hard in nature.

Also, has anyone done the above operation before? Would like to seek your experiences in order to soothe my fears.

Thank you for your help ;D;D;D

Hi Weaboo,

The length of time that the gold chain needs to be in the mouth is determined by how long it takes for the canine tooth to come down. If the orthodontist/dentist has said that it will take approximately one year, it is probably a good estimation.

I have not done the operation before but one of my classmates in dental school had the same thing done. She ended up having the gold chain for a little longer because the movement of the tooth was slow.

In terms of eating, she didn't find the chain to be much of a nuisance. You will just need to be a little more careful around that area!

Hi Weaboo,

The length of time that the gold chain needs to be in the mouth is determined by how long it takes for the canine tooth to come down. If the orthodontist/dentist has said that it will take approximately one year, it is probably a good estimation.

I have not done the operation before but one of my classmates in dental school had the same thing done. She ended up having the gold chain for a little longer because the movement of the tooth was slow.

In terms of eating, she didn't find the chain to be much of a nuisance. You will just need to be a little more careful around that area!

Thank you Dr David for the assistance rendered. Now I feel better about the surgery. Hopefully I will be able to eat my favorite steaks after the op!

Back