• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anxiety driving me crazy over perdontitis

S

Sarah123

Wondering if someone can help put my mind at rest.
Recently went to the dentist after a lengthy gap. Dentist advised perdontitis in my lower teeth and set me up for a deep clean later that day. Deep clean was fine however after lower teeth felt very loose...so scared to eat. I also have a strange sensation of my teeth being pushed up in my gums and can feel them shift.
I am two weeks after deep clean and have been back to dentist..he advised no tooth splinting required and that my teeth only have minor movement....doesn't feel that way to me.
Also once perdontitis is under control , can my dentist crown my lower teeth? I have quite big black triangles and spaces.
Thanks,
Sarah

The only thing I can really speak for is the anxiety. I have it too but I have also know a lot about how it affects us. Its main offense is that it makes us think that things are much worse than they actually are. You feel like your teeth are very loose, your dentist (who is the professional and who more than likely knows what he is talking about) has said otherwise. Listen to his instructions and his advice. Minor tooth movement is natual in all of us. They are supposed to give a little. If it makes you feel any better, i have WHOLE MOUTH periodontis. I have to go back every three months to get it checked and maintained. You will be ok. ???

Thank you for taking the time out to reply.
I had my deep clean 2 weeks ago and have another hygenist appointment this afternoon.
I really hate not feeling in control, I don't have a nice smile but surely I shouldn't feel this bad when trying to sort it out.

I just had my first deep cleaning a few weeks ago. I was peteified and didn't even want to walk into office, I had met the hygenist once and honestly it's the only reason I went because I knew she was very kind and gentle. I actually wrote the dental office an email voicing mt fears and how scared I was and I wanted to chicken out. They encouraged me very nicely to come in. I was still scared and my BP was probably like 168 I was shaking literally but I made it through and no wobbly teeth. Thank God!!!! I was convinced I would and worst case in my head. Phew.

You are brave to do this in the first place too. !! I hope your teeth are ok, how are you doing??

Thank you so much for replying.
I am just out of my second clean with my hygenist and all my crazy questions came flying out.She assured me that it's mild to moderate gum disease and not the worst case she's seen..caught it before it got any worse. hate looking at my teeth due to the gaps I can see...even affects my front teeth.
I keep praying that my gums will grow back slightly, so I don't have these gaps.
How was your treatment? It feels so good to speak to people that are going through the same thing

I recently had scaling and root planing done and now today at 1pm eastern im simply getting measurements of the pocket depth done to see where I stand and if i need any additional treatment. Im still scared.

Scotty, I hope your measurement appt goes well!!

It's a scary thing to go through, my mind kept going over and over the worst case scenario. Just trust in yourself and your dentist..no matter the outcome they will do what's right. You are treating this and will not let it get the better of you
Question has anybody experienced dry mouth with perdontitis? After deep clean today my mouth was soo dry

Dry mouth can be a cause of a number of things. The two that stand out in my mind are the two causes I deal with. I have a deviated septum and it causes me to be a mouth-breather especially at night. Most humidifiers can help this issue as well as nasal strips, dry mouth toothpaste and mouth wash etc. The second cause of mine im certain is attributed to not cleaning my whole mouth thoroughly when I brush. Sure i do the flossing and irrigation and brushing and rinsing but can you believe it if I told you thats not enough? Ive only recently found this out... Bacteria still linger in the cheek and other gum linings and especially the tongue. Invest in a good tongue scraper. Last night, after my brushing i put more toothpaste on my automatic tooth brush and brushed all over my cheeks and took a tongue scraper and got as much as i could off of there. Its amazing how much comes off. After that, if you can bypass your gag reflex, brush your tongue as much as you can. Just hold your mouth open because you WILL drool most of it out but small price to pay to keep your tongue clean. I did all of that last night and for the first time in a long time, i woke up with significantly less dryness than previous mornings. Hope this helps!

It's a scary thing to go through, my mind kept going over and over the worst case scenario. Just trust in yourself and your dentist..no matter the outcome they will do what's right. You are treating this and will not let it get the better of you
Question has anybody experienced dry mouth with perdontitis? After deep clean today my mouth was soo dry

OMG>. I KNOW..... the going over and over worst case .. ugh. i do that... and hate it... and i fret until I get into the chair and my easygoing nice dentist comes over , i'm good then. kinda..... kinda....my hygenist is a true saint too.... but .. the thoughts.. the catastrophizing.. ugh.. hard to stop...

Hi Scotty, I have been thinking of you and hope your appointment went great.

Hey Sarah! Thanks for thinking of me. I walk in ready to be shot up with the cain and probed worse than an alien abduction and what do you know, he sticks a mirror in my mouth, checks some stuff and shakes my hand and says nothing scared me today, go in peace....i was like "thats it?! No probing no michael cain, no nothing"? He said "nope, we will see you back at the end of september for a regular cleaning". Im like well wtf i got myself all worked up for nothing. Relieved and mad at the same time.

Hi Scotty, I'm so glad everything went great. I had my second cleaning yesterday and now have the sensation again that teeth are loose....hygensit and dentist advised mobility in teeth is normal. I have just notified it more due to a deep clean. Have you had perdontitis for long? I am due back at the dentistnext week for a root canal and another check up with the hygenist.

Im going in for my first app in nearly 30 yrs and for a deep cleaning. My lower teeth are really bad with receeding gums and I have this great fear that the tartar thats in the front/back is all thats holding them in place. Once they atart digging around my teeth will fall out... im so freaked out and my teeth are in so much pain

Back