• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anyone had a bone graft for dental implant?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tina Roppolo
  • Start date Start date
T

Tina Roppolo

Junior member
Joined
Jan 28, 2016
Messages
12
The infection in my tooth was so bad that the specialist is recommending a bone graft before the implant. I've read random articles online but all they did was scare me. Something about bovine bone or harvesting my own? Sounds like some horror movie stuff but I'll take the bovine bone. Can somebody let me know what to expect?
 
It's can be piece of bone from hip or leg or donated bone I had sinus lift surgery it's mostly same surgery. I had it done in hospital and they knock me out
 
Back
Top