• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anyone else still have a baby tooth as an adult?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sara411
  • Start date Start date
S

sara411

Junior member
Joined
Mar 7, 2025
Messages
10
Location
Usa
So I have one baby tooth (a canine tooth) that never fell out. I currently have a cavity in that tooth that will have to be filled but I can't help but worry that something will go wrong in the process. I guess I'm just worried that having it filled will somehow weaken the tooth even more and then I'll have to have it pulled. And because it's one of my front teeth I can't just not replace it but I don't have the money for an implant.

So I'm curious, do any of you still have your baby teeth? Have they given you issues/needed to be pulled? If so how old where you when you finally had it done? I'm 30 so I'm not sure how much time my tooth realistically has left 😅
 
Unfortunately baby teeth seem to have a self destruct mechanism built into them. They don't last indefinitely no matter what, the roots dissolve and they get loose and fall out. You've been lucky that it's lasted this long.
Maybe you could put aside a little bit each month as a tooth replacement fund for when the time comes.
 
Back
Top