• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bad smell from tooth after food stuck

  • Thread starter Thread starter kjrv81
  • Start date Start date
K

kjrv81

Junior member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
3
Hi

I was eating a plum a couple of days ago and a small piece got stuck in my tooth after trying for 2 days to get it out, it finally came out but now the gum is swollen and bleeding and smells quite bad. Also the tooth seems a bit grey at the corner, gum line and I'm sure it wasn't there before. I have taken a picture, the tooth also has a large composite filling in it. I plan to see the dentist next week, does it sound like more decay to the tooth? Also the tooth is slightly loose, there is no pain or sensitivity in the tooth at all.tooth2.jpg

Having a bad time with my teeth this year :cry:, I had my last check up in Jan and xrays taken last month when I had my wisdom tooth extracted.

Thanks
 
There still appears to be something in the gum there and there looks like there is a cavity in the tooth. Sorry.
 
There still appears to be something in the gum there and there looks like there is a cavity in the tooth. Sorry.

Thanks for replying I had a good clean out with an inter dental brush and got everything out now, I only had that tooth filled in Jan, I guess all the decay wasn't removed
 
Back
Top