• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bite felt off before filling and still after

N

Nfg6487

I had a dentist near my house do some fillings last December. She did a horrible job and actually hit one of my healthy teeth with the drill causing a hole.

She refused to fix it. She said I caused the hole from grinding but it wasn't there before and I actually felt her hit the tooth.

I went to a second dentist for another opinion. He said he saw the hole and he'd fix it.
I had to wait three months to get back in for him to fix it.

During these three months I kept feeling like the tooth was hitting first causing it to hurt.

Yesterday I went in and they had to drill it down quite a bit to be able to get a filling to stick there because it was on the side near the other tooth.. But my tooth still feels weird today.

Idk if I'm spazzing out or what. It doesn't seem as terrible but it still feels weird. Does it take a couple days for it to feel normal? Could it just be irritated from the drilling and filling?

I'm going back for a cleaning on Aug 28.
Idk if I should wait? I'm scared if I go back they'll wanna pull it bc there wasn't much there to begin with and they drilled a lot of it away.

Its not unusual for teeth to need some time to adjust to having a filling. The feeling should calm down in a week or so. Sometimes that "weird" feeling means the filling is a little high and you notice it when biting. If something still doesn't feel right after a week follow up with the dentist.

Thanks!

The crazy thing is sometimes I don't notice it.

I'm convinced I'm crazy

Back