• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken tooth and lump/bump

L

Laurapuff87

My teeth are in a awful state but I’ve made an app with who I hope is a understanding dentist.

My very back tooth fell half out and it causes occasional pain but by the side of this is a lump/bump. The tooth hurts but not the lump it’s pretty soft and squishy hasn’t bled can’t really see much. Could it be trauma from the broken tooth. My app is not until March. Not sure how long it’s been there. Just need calming before my app. I keep poking it which can’t be helping.

More likely just a little abscess. Don't worry about it. Oral bacteria are fragile wee beasties and can't do any harm to the rest of your body, you won't get some horrible septic disease from it.

Thank you for your reply. How long would it take to go ? Probably not helping I keep poking it. It’s been there since Christmas time. It’s kinda more in the cheek behind the broken tooth is that makes sense. Sorry I have serve anxiety so very worried.

Last edited:
Not till the tooth goes I'm afraid. Doesn't matter whether you poke it or not.

Back