• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can I meet with a dentist before registering with them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter backhome
  • Start date Start date
B

backhome

Junior member
Joined
Oct 25, 2013
Messages
1
Like so many other posters here, I am ashamed of my rotting teeth and my dental hygiene. I always try to speak without opening my mouth. I am desparate to get this resolved, but my embaressment and fear always wins through.

I would like to simply meet with a dentist and discuss my fears and embarressment before I commit to letting him see my teeth. I've found a local dentist that looks sympathetic, how do I make that first step to let them know I want their help!!!

Many Thanks
 
Hi. I'd suggest calling them up and tell them you want a consultation. Good luck.
 
Hi Backhome,
I would suggest call the practice and asking the receptionist if this is possible. If they are genuinely sympathetic then they should be prepared to accommodate you. This will be a good test of how patient centred they really are.
Good luck

Lincoln
 
Back
Top