M
marklpool
Junior member
- Joined
- Jun 13, 2008
- Messages
- 2
Hi,
I would really appreciate anything anyone knows about whats wrong with me, any advice would be great as I am nervous about going to my dentist as he hasnt noticed it and I have had regular check ups all my life and I feel so stupid telling him.
Since I was about 12, my front teeth have not come together, the back ones meet together fine, but the front 6 dont touch. The gap is biggest right at the front, where it is around 1cm, a huge gap that means I only smile with my top teeth. No one has ever noticed, but I have never been able to bite things properly and the gap is just getting wider and wider.
I am now 20 and it is something I think about everyday, but my dentist is a very imposing figure and I dont want to talk to him about it, does anyone know what kind of treatment is involved? I expect it would be complicated surgery and orthodontic procedures, but I am clueless.
Thanks ever so much in advance
Mark
I would really appreciate anything anyone knows about whats wrong with me, any advice would be great as I am nervous about going to my dentist as he hasnt noticed it and I have had regular check ups all my life and I feel so stupid telling him.
Since I was about 12, my front teeth have not come together, the back ones meet together fine, but the front 6 dont touch. The gap is biggest right at the front, where it is around 1cm, a huge gap that means I only smile with my top teeth. No one has ever noticed, but I have never been able to bite things properly and the gap is just getting wider and wider.
I am now 20 and it is something I think about everyday, but my dentist is a very imposing figure and I dont want to talk to him about it, does anyone know what kind of treatment is involved? I expect it would be complicated surgery and orthodontic procedures, but I am clueless.
Thanks ever so much in advance
Mark
