• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can peridontal abscess spread to brain?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ladywear
  • Start date Start date
L

ladywear

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
57
My dentist did x rays found peridontal abscess very close to two teeth with large peridontal pockets. She didnt extract those teeth but tried to save them. However she did extract a bit of old root left behind after a tooth fell out. After the procedure, I felt sure whatever she had done has spread the abscess/infection, I could feel strange sensations all over my face , my forehead and cheeks...no pain, no swelling. I felt sure she had spread the infection. I cant take antibiotics as I suffer severe allergic reactions. I now need to have those two teeth extracted the ones with large pockets as I feel these are what are causing the abscess......what if the infection has spread and is heading to my brain...will these extractions make it worse ? I am so worried I cant sleep or cant eat. Its such a worry not being able to take antibiotics but if she extracts these two teeth and that gets rid of the source of the infection will all these stange sensations go away from my face and cheeks. Please can someone help me....sorry I am just so scared x
 
I'm interested in the answer to this.
 
Last edited:
There probably isnt an answer.....I just seem to be the only person like this :cry:
 
Interesting enough, from my own experience, infection from gums and teeth can spread anywhere in the body. Now with that said, it sounds as though your dentist is on top of it. With proper oral hygiene this can be combated but not without professional instruction and correct at home care. Such as: electric toothbrush, waterpic, antiseptic rinse and TOTAL commitment.

I am hoping there is some type of antibiotic with the thousands on the market that can work for you.

I have a full mouth of implants and must admit, I'm a slave to them. Neurotic about taking care of them. As recent as last week, I was diagnosed with peri implantitis mucositis. By using the above methods, I can already feel the difference.

Our teeth and or implants need vigil care. Ask your dentist for a treatment plan thats right for you and all will be well.

I wish you much success!

Disclaimer: I am not a dentist
 
I am so sorry that happened to you...i hope you manage to get on top of it very soon.

Thank you for the advice much appreciated !
 
Back
Top