• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can Someone Please Explain

L

lleigh26

Hello

First Of All I Would Like To Ask What Can Be Shown In This Xray..? Does The Tip Of My Tooth Root Go Into My Sinus Region..?

& Secondly Is It Possible To Have A Extraction.. Sinus Lift And Implant All At Once..?

Thank You xx

Attachments

• 82444903-9DBD-4D0E-BE6D-FBC02C032DDF.png
    82444903-9DBD-4D0E-BE6D-FBC02C032DDF.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
Can't be certain, it looks quite close but x-rays are 2 dimensional and you're not :)

Sure it is.

Thank You Gordon.. Just To Clarify.. Is The ‘Sure It Is’ Answer To My Second Question Lol..? OCD Has Me Checking Everything xx

Yes, it's entirely possible to do an extraction, sinus lift and implant placement at one visit.

Obviously I can't guarantee that it's 100% definite in your particular case (I have no reason to think not, but I've not examined you)

Thank You ?

Do You Know Of Any Reasons Why It Wouldn’t Be Possible..? X

Ahh Just Seen That You Can’t Think Of Any Reasons Lol x

Personally I Feel Like They Are Trying To Get More Money As They Want Me To Pay Everything Separately Over Many Months Which Makes The Whole Process A Lot More Expensive.. From What I’ve Read.. Having A Sinus Lift And Implant Increases The Success.. Whether This Is True Or Not I Don’t Know x

Personally I Feel Like They Are Trying To Get More Money As They Want Me To Pay Everything Separately Over Many Months Which Makes The Whole Process A Lot More Expensive.. From What I’ve Read.. Having A Sinus Lift And Implant Increases The Success.. Whether This Is True Or Not I Don’t Know x
It shouldn’t cost any more whether it is all at once or spread out over time. You pay for the implant, the crown, the extraction, and the sinus lift. I was actually charged more for the front tooth that had the implant placed the same day as the extraction, because the surgeon had to do more bone grafting. I was never charged for office visits, just for the work done.
The only thing that may cost more is if you get sedation multiple times, vs done all at once.

Over Here They’ve Said That Dental Implants Cost More When Spread Out Over A Few Months.. Same Day Cost Less Apparently.. He Was To Do The Sinus Lift Months After Extraction Which Doesn’t Make Sense To Me As You Lose Bone Structure After Having An Extraction.. Wouldn’t It Make More Sense To Do At Least The Extraction & Sinus Lift Together As They Would Be Adding Bone Then..? Xx

Do you mean spread out over a few months as in that you will have a payment plan? In that case, yes the interests will increase the cost. Otherwise, spreading the treatment plan over a few months should cost the same thing because you pay per act they do.

You can ask them why they recommend waiting a few months. I’m not a dentist, but in my experience, when they wanted to wait was to let things heal and see how things were after a certain time before getting to the next step.

Thanks For Your Reply & No Just It Says That Standard Implants Cost More Than Same Day Ones.. & I Understand About The Healing But I Don’t Understand Why You Wait After An Extraction To Do A Sinus Lift As They Are To Give You More Bone Space.. & You Lose Bone After An Extraction From What I’ve Read.. xx

I just did a little reading on the subject (as I may end up needing one in the future), and it looks like it is more common to do the sinus lift at the time of extraction. From what I read they are usually done internally (through the extraction hole). It sounded like they waited only if there was extenuating circumstances, like a really bad infection that they didn’t want to chance ruining the bone grafting and lift.

You may want to ask directly why they want to wait to do the sinus lift. If they don’t give you a good answer, maybe you need to get a second opinion.

As far as the same day implant, everything I read said that a sinus lift usually needed six months minimum to heal before it could support an implant. I am not a dentist but that seemed to be the general consensus of the dental websites and studies I read.

Thank You ? I Am Going To Be Getting Second Opinions As It’s Been Playing On My Mind Quite A Bit xx

Back