• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can you remove a really bad tartar build up at home?

M

Majin_Koenma

I have a half erupted wisdom tooth in the upper left part of my mouth that is incased in a shell of hardened tartar. Gross I know, and I admit that my dental hygiene habits have left a lot to be desired in the past. Partially out of laziness and partially because I have an irrational fear/dislike of brushing my teeth. There was tartar on the molar next to it, but I managed to get the tartar off that tooth with a dental pick I bough online. I've been using the pick to try to get the tartar off my wisdom tooth but I;m not having much success. So is there any other way for me to get rid of it or do I have to go to the dentist? I've heard baking soda works, I've also heard tea tree oil works. I've also heard that other people have had good success removing tartar with a sonic tooth brush. So does anyone have any advice? I really don't want to go to the dentist because I don't have any insurance at the moment and it would be really embarrassing to go to a new dentist with a tartar problem this bad.

Dental cleanings arent to expensive to get that off.

Just want to add this. This is no such thing as " tarter problem this bad ". The dentist has seen it all and i can almost promise you that hes seen alot worse then you think.

Back