• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Clindamycin

Susanne

Susanne

I am allergic to penicillin, so the dentist prescribed Clindamycin 150mg to be take 4 times daily for 7 days. Is this particular antibiotic well tolerated? I think I've taken it once before without any unpleasant effects, but it's been several years and I can't remember for sure.

Not a dentist, but I have taken it in the past 6 months. My doctor explained to me that it is very effective for dental infection, but stronger than most antibiotics so it can upset your stomach. It also can be hard on your digestive system, so I was advised to take probiotics in between the first and second dose of the day, with at least two hours between the probiotic and antibiotic.
I had a hard time with it, but the probiotics helped a lot! I was on other antibiotics previously (that were not strong enough), though, so my system was already overloaded with antibiotics.

Back