• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Could it be oral cancer?? Really stressing out and hope you guys have some advice xx

cancer?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• maybe

• get to the dentist

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

gemmahanson

Could it be oral cancer?? Really stressing out and hope you guys have some advice xx

Hi this is my first time posting here.
I have had very sore and swollen inner cheeks for nearly a year now. Yes I know Im crazy for not getting it checked out but my Drs reply is get a dentist. God no!

Both sides look to be growing over my back top and bottom teeth. They are always sore and painful and tonight I braved it and had a good look around.

They seem to be lighter patches right at the back?? Also now when I sleep I cant close my mouth properly.

Any ideas welcome? x x
Gemma x

Re: Could it be oral cancer?? Really stressing out and hope you guys have some advice xx

Could it be a mouth ulcer?

Re: Could it be oral cancer?? Really stressing out and hope you guys have some advice xx

I don't think do as there is no lump to see just the white patches at the back on both cheeks.
:confused:

I have exactly the same on the inside of my cheek but I do not worry about it.... had it for a few years and it comes and goes. It really is nothing

not cancer if its painful. maybe you have chronic canker sores, an STD, or maybe even an allergic reaction to food you eat

One thing I do know is I had/have the hpv virus as I had to have lletz treatment and im just hoping that has gone now x and its not always painful but always there xxxx

??? x

does it look like this?

found this in a dental textbook

photo.jpg

No thankfully! That looks awful. Im braving it today and im going to try register with a dentist! It will be the first time in 4 years I have been in one!

Back