• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Craze Lines in Dental Filling

D

dare2love81

Hello,

I am just wondering if it's possible to get craze lines in a dental filling, and if so, does that mean I need to have the filling replaced?

The reason I ask is because this morning I saw what appeared to be a crack on one of my amalgam fillings, but it is not where I typically see cracks (I've had a few cracked fillings before). Well, the crack appears when there is no light shined in my mouth...but when I shine a flashlight on the tooth, the crack "disappears". Is it possible this is a craze line and the filling isn't truly cracked?

I was JUST at my dentist 48 hours ago for a cleaning, and came back with a clean bill of health. I'd like to not have to go back so soon (especially because I have major anxiety over visiting the dentist), but will if this is something that needs attention.

Bump...anyone?

bump again, where are the dentists??

Back