• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crown replaced, molar now pressure/temp sensitive

  • Thread starter Thread starter webmasterbill2
  • Start date Start date
W

webmasterbill2

Junior member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
1
Four months ago, I had a bottom-rear molar crown replaced. It had no sensitivities whatsoever in its 27-year history. Since then, with the new crown, it's been somewhat temperature and pressure sensitive. Sensodyne has helped, but the sensitivities are growing. It does not hurt continuously (yet!) but during and for a period after exposure to chewing firm food or getting hit with cold liquid, it will hurt significantly. I just saw my dentist who ground down the surface a bit and said to wait a few weeks. (How would that help a temperature issue?)

Sound like a root canal in the offing? :( Or maybe this is a fracture (extraction!)? :-[

Thanks to all,
-Bill
 
I know it sounds a bit odd, but I've had a tooth that was a bit high in the bite which was also temp sensitive. I can't for the life of me work out why it should be, but it was!
 
Back
Top