• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Deep sedation odsp?

Mims92

Mims92

I live in Canada Ontario. I had an accident three years ago and since then my ptsd and anxiety has been magnified. I hate the sound of the drill at my dentist office and the pain and just the whole experience of being awake. My dentist said next time I have a cavity she will refer me to someone to possibly give me deep sedation. Cause I tried the gas twice now and I did not feel shit !! She keeps saying I need to breathe thru my nose when I was doing exactly that. Anyone had any experience with odsp covering deep sedation? You should see me in the dental chair I literally lift my leg up like I'm ready to fucking run out out the chair and I am so fucking tense even my dentist notices it. I've always had a fear of dentists since I was little.

Mims,

That sounds really hard, and I know gas works differently for different people and maybe different amounts too, and so many factors. I"m wondering if you could find someone that does Waterlaser , my son had fillings using this and its not a drill sound , maybe minus the drill sound would be more tolerable?

Mims,

That sounds really hard, and I know gas works differently for different people and maybe different amounts too, and so many factors. I"m wondering if you could find someone that does Waterlaser , my son had fillings using this and its not a drill sound , maybe minus the drill sound would be more tolerable?
I've thought about it honestly but only one place in my city offers it that I know of and it's not the closest. Ty for the reply ?

I also had it for putting my abutments in for implant surgery and it was pretty amazing and worth it.. very quiet and peaceful compared to the drill

Hi Mims92,

sorry to read about your experience. There are few things I was wondering reading your post and it is more about your relationship to your dentist and how well you feel there.. first of all, a good numbing is the basis of any procedure, so I was alarmed as you mentioning hating the pain. (I would hate it too and treatment shouldn't be painful). It also sounds like your dentist kind of blamed you for not feeling any effect with the laughing gas.. if you say you are breathing through your nose, then you are so why wouldn't they believe you?

Putting it together, trust, reassurance and a good rapport with your dentist should come first, sedation techniques second. So I was wondering whether you like your dentist and feel comfortable and safe there?

Hi Mims92,

sorry to read about your experience. There are few things I was wondering reading your post and it is more about your relationship to your dentist and how well you feel there.. first of all, a good numbing is the basis of any procedure, so I was alarmed as you mentioning hating the pain. (I would hate it too and treatment shouldn't be painful). It also sounds like your dentist kind of blamed you for not feeling any effect with the laughing gas.. if you say you are breathing through your nose, then you are so why wouldn't they believe you?

Putting it together, trust, reassurance and a good rapport with your dentist should come first, sedation techniques second. So I was wondering whether you like your dentist and feel comfortable and safe there?
Meh it's not a really good dentist place I mean she's gentle and stuff sometimes she start working too soon and the numbing hasn't.taken full effect idk. I just fucking hate going to the dentist

Well.. I would fucking hate going too if anyone tried to treat me before the numbing hasn't taken full effect!
Anyway, as I said, a trust and feeling well with your dentist is the most important part. A part of feeling ok with a visit is also to be able to rely on your dental team checking on you and having breaks whenever you need them, that's a way to get yourself in control.

Many people struggle with the sound of the drill. We have some input and advice about it here:

My favorite part is a track that can blend out the sound.

Well.. I would fucking hate going too if anyone tried to treat me before the numbing hasn't taken full effect!
Anyway, as I said, a trust and feeling well with your dentist is the most important part. A part of feeling ok with a visit is also to be able to rely on your dental team checking on you and having breaks whenever you need them, that's a way to get yourself in control.

Many people struggle with the sound of the drill. We have some input and advice about it here:

My favorite part is a track that can blend out the sound.
Yeh I put my music on blast I still hear that shit lmao at this point I think I need to take dmt just to escape the crap lmao jks I wish.

Back