K
K-Bird
Well-known member
- Joined
- Dec 29, 2010
- Messages
- 475
So, I have kind of a weird question..which I am glad I can ask anonomously...
I am working on getting our office new dental benefits (yippee our new plan is going to include ortho!!) Anyway, the agent said that since I have over $1,000 benefits for another month that if I need something done, I should use it up.
Well, my dentist said I may need a root canal--but she would look at the area again in August...which would suck up a lot of benefits pretty much only about 2 months into the new plan...
My question is this: Would it be weird to call the office and tell them the situation, and ask them to check it out again now...I mean does a root canal problem actually get better? I have about 6 weeks to do this--on top of that with the new plan and ortho, I can get braces right away--but not if I need a root canal in August...
Please keep in mind--I'm not being very objective...I love my new dentist so much I will practically think of something to be able to go to her--but this is a real situation and money is money...and there are other problems that could be dealt with under the new dental benefits I will be getting...
I am working on getting our office new dental benefits (yippee our new plan is going to include ortho!!) Anyway, the agent said that since I have over $1,000 benefits for another month that if I need something done, I should use it up.
Well, my dentist said I may need a root canal--but she would look at the area again in August...which would suck up a lot of benefits pretty much only about 2 months into the new plan...
My question is this: Would it be weird to call the office and tell them the situation, and ask them to check it out again now...I mean does a root canal problem actually get better? I have about 6 weeks to do this--on top of that with the new plan and ortho, I can get braces right away--but not if I need a root canal in August...
Please keep in mind--I'm not being very objective...I love my new dentist so much I will practically think of something to be able to go to her--but this is a real situation and money is money...and there are other problems that could be dealt with under the new dental benefits I will be getting...