• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental Bridges & Wisdom Teeth Help??

  • Thread starter Thread starter sam1
  • Start date Start date
S

sam1

Junior member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
1
My dentist is suggesting I have my wisdom teeth removed due to some pockets and wanted to do 2 at a time, 2 weeks apart. I also have been told that an oral surgeon could do all 4 at a time but it would be more difficult with the pain and eating. I also have an issue with my 2 front upper teeth that have to be removed and a bridge installed. Would it be wise to have an oral surgeon do all of this at once? I would love to expedite the process and not sure how big of a deal this would be all at once. Also they want to do a deep cleaning of all of my teeth before a permanent bridge is installed. They mentioned a flipper would be made until a permanent bridge is used. The bridge they use is metal & porcelin. Said I don't have enough bone to do an implant. Is a graft a viable option? Would appreciate any insight on the best way to go and which partial and type of permament bridge would be the best. Thanks.
 
Starting with the wisdom tooth question. There really is no good answer to that one. I had mine done 2 at a time 2 weeks apart with local and it wasn't a big deal, but I'm a pretty good dental patient (oddly enough, most dentists are terrible patients!). My wife on the other hand wouldn't contemplate such a thing and got all 4 of hers done at once.
From a technical point of view, it doesn't really matter much.

The other points, grafting is an option, but you'd be better to discuss this with the implant surgeon, it's not going to be cheap though. You'll still need the cleaning and flipper.
 
Back
Top