• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental work last Wed. Blue flap of skin?!

C

Cj626

I had a huge filling done on Wed on my top incisor tooth. Basically half the tooth was replaced and reshaped. My gum was hurting behind the tooth badly, assumed because of the extent of work being done. Had a bump and then yesterday had "flappy" lose gum tissue, took a look and it is blue! Ate absolutely nothing blue and am freaking out!!! The front of my tooth in the top gum area has a blue tint also. What could this be?! Going to call dentist tomorrow but my anxiety is sky high and worried I have a huge infection. Tooth feels fine but my gums I that area hurt badly. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200315-220355_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200315-220355_Gallery.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 14
Update incase anyone ever has this happen to them (most likely won't) it was a surgical mesh type thing that the dentist didn't remove on accident. It was wrapped under my gum/tooth. He pulled it out with tweezer type things and it should now heal up.

Hi Cj626, thank you for the update. Glad you were able to get it sorted and that it wasn't anything serious. All the best wishes.

Glad you got it sorted, looks like a bit of rubber dam that may have torn off

Back