• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

dentist is dismissing my uneven bite

J

Juca

Junior member
Joined
Sep 11, 2025
Messages
1
Location
Czech
Good day,

Two days ago I went to see a dentist for a chipped tooth (#30, because of sunflower seed, chip is a thin piece between teeth). I'm 28 and I had minor cavity for the past 15 years that mineralized and never developed, including the chipped tooth which is barely a tiny dot. Dentist went on drilling the tooth and applying a composite filling. She kept trying to file the tooth to fit my bite several times until she decided it's aligned with the teeth besides and called it a day. I usually eat on the right side and now I cant properly bite without the filled tooth smashing into the upper one. She says she wont file it anymore or the filling will be too thin? and instead is just insisting I come to have the rest of the row filled as well despite telling me they're indeed surface level.
Prior to the appointment she was informed that I was autistic with sensory processing issues. Her dismissal of my uneven bite without proper explanation is alarming me, and I'm panicked that she might've drilled a healthy toot and that my bite is forever ruined.
As silly my problem is compared to posts here, I'd appreciate a word of advice. Thank you for reading.
 
Sounds like you need to try a different dentist, you don't seem to be compatible.
 
Back
Top