• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

determined to get there this time...

G

GreenTea

Hello, I'm new to this forum but am so grateful it is here! I've had about three dental check ups over the past 15 years but never gone through with treatment ( too scared). So, now I've decided to bite the bullet and get this sorted ( after excruciating toothache last week). So, I've found a new dentist, he didn't make me feel ashamed and he seems supportive but best of all he offers IV sedation. So last week I had two teeth extracted (under IV) and it was fine! Now I need to go in next week to have a thorough check up and make a plan.... This will likely involve 2 straightforward implants, one implant with bone grafting, a deep clean plus hygienist follow up and maybe fillings. I'm scared.... But determined. I know it's going to be slow and costly but I want to sort this once and for all. Do you think I can have IV for all procedures? Would love to hear from people who are going through the same/ have been through this....

Hello :)

Thanks for sharing your story. Sounds like you're making brilliant progress. Well done! I'm at the very beginning of dealing with my dental phobia but it's always good to hear from others who are a little (a lot!) further on in the process.

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

It is possible to have all treatments with sedation, this you will need to discuss with your dentist. A lot of people find it helps to build up a trust with the dentist and getting pain free treatment goes a long way to help with the anxiety.

I think you have done very well so far and as you get to know your dentist and they get to know you things will become a lot easier to handle.

Your dentist can start with the easier and smaller stuff so that your confidence is building up each time you go.

Good luck for the rest of your treatment :clover::clover::clover::butterfly: