• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Filling alternative, ocd

A

A196x

New to the forum, from the UK and hoping someone can advise.
I recently seen my dentist for a check up and everything was fine she said, I’m not sure if this is because in past I told her I didn’t want to have a filling done. (Bad experience as before I obsessed over it and the bite was never right) anyway I’ve recently started getting toothache. In the same problem tooth. I’m wondering if there is an alternative to a filling? It’s not the pain, it’s more my OCD of worrying that the bite won’t be right and I grind my teeth a lot due to stress.
I’ve been trying to look at alternatives and wonder if an inlay would be better for me? - but I don’t know much and whether this would match my bite and be less noticeable.

Also is there a recommended filling/inlay type for someone that does grind their teeth? as want it to last :(

Cast gold is best for bruzers

Gold is best, much kinder to the opposing teeth than anything else, less likely to break or wear away like a plastic inlay.

Back