• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fillings are SOOO sensitive!

K

katylayney

I feel like a complete mess. 2 weeks ago I got put to sleep, I had one lower right molar pulled, a temp crown on a left lower molar and 5 fillings done. My temp crown hurts when I chew on it and my fillings on my lower and upper right teeth are hurting pretty bad, I've had to take advil every day since the procedure. My right side of my jaw hurt and my ear. The teeth are very sensitive to cold or hot and basically the whole area around the teeth hurt. I don't see my dentist til monday but is it normal to have fillings be SO sensitive and sore that its causing jaw and ear pain TWO WEEKS after the procedure?!

I hope I can ease your worries a bit! I had three deep fillings done about a month ago and for those first couple weeks man they were horrible! I was taking motrin like it was candy! I also asked that same question on here and got some wonderful responses telling me just to wait it out because it they might have to settle if they were deep ones being close to the nerve. I did end up going back to the dentist and he told me to try to wait it out because they are sensitive if they are deep and usually they do settle but if they don't I would need root canals. GAH I know right? lol Now a month later when i sneeze they hurt and hot still hurt but the constant pain is gone thank god! It made me want to just go rip those teeth out myself! Try putting a heating pad on the side where the teeth hurt it helped me a lot and Motrin was the best I could find to help with my pain. So maybe yours just need to settle also still. Took me a couple weeks but everyone is different and it could take less time for you :) I'm glad I waited. Stay strong!!!

Back