• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First dental appointment in...I don’t know how many years... :(

J

Jinney

First of all, I would like to thank everyone in this group...thanks to this forum, I was finally able to make an appointment with a dentist.

Yesterday I had called and made an appointment for 5/11...but my tooth started hurting and my face is a little swollen...so I called today and thankfully they had an opening for me.

To share my story...I don’t know when my dental phobia started. When I was a kid, I had no problem going to the dentist. I think it might have been my highschool years when one of my friends shared her horror story about her trip to the dentist. I have some molars that lost filling and broke down to gumline. I also have two molars that crumbled couple years ago when I was on this medication for another condition I have.

I’ve had three kids...and I tell my friends I rather go through labor than see a dentist. But I realized it was not fear of pain...but fear of embarrassment.

Reading post and success stories from this forum gave me courage to face my fears(pain and my swollen face contributed a little too?)

Thank you and God bless you.

Hi Jinney, wishing you all the best for your appointment?! Let us know how you got on. Hopefully you’ll be out of pain real soon ☺

Thanks so much for the update (in the Success Stories section) :love: - the dentist and the staff sound lovely. Well done and congratulations, and best of luck for Friday ??!

Back