• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Flying soon and have horrible teeth please help!

C

Carterk1616

Hi im new to the forum, i just recently looked up how flying and the pressure effects your teeth and the results on google were absolutely horrifying, now im like near panic attack thinking i have to cancel my whole vacation because of my teeth. My teeth are absolutely horrible, i need everything from teeth pulled, cavities in every tooth, root canals that never got temporary or permanent crowns, black decay in some of my teeth, cracks, chips, you name it. Should i be this concerned or is it less common than i think for people to get tooth pain in a plane? Im so scared right now im supposed to leave in 3 days and im not sure if i should cancel my whole trip or what

Hi there,

you‘re not the first one who worries about this, so we have one thread to this topic :):

I am the one who wrote that thread and would be happy to answer any questions. The internet is awful when it comes to horror stories. The airplanes are pressurized for one thing, so it shouldn’t really affect you. In fact, after my vacation, I went up in a private plane which is not pressurized and still had no pain in my teeth.

Back