• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

From Fear to almost Done!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zjld32
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zjld32

Junior member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
2
I started facing my dental fears back in August. I hadn't been to the dentist in 10+ years and was so afraid of going that after I called and made my first appointment I threw up! I had a tooth in the front that was embarrassing due to chip/cavity and broken off wisdom teeth with lots of ongoing pain. I went in for a cleaning/consult and just told them all my fears, they were very understanding and set me up to take baby steps in my treatment plan. Overall, I needed a deep cleaning, six fillings and four wisdom teeth removed... I have been going pretty much once per week for either cleanings or a filling since and it's been so much easier this way for me! On Monday, I had my four wisdom teeth removed through an oral surgeon and IV sedation. I was terrified but it was easier than a cleaning lol. I'm now recovering (it's not too bad) and wanted to share my story, because in one more appointment I will have went from a mouth full of fear/anxiety/ and on-going pain, to a healthy stress-free smile. I'm ecstatic and can't thank this board enough for all the support :) It will be a blessing to no longer keep ora-gel and pain meds on me at all times!!

I want to let everyone out there know that you are not alone in your fears but that facing them really does make them less powerful. Every appointment you keep, every call you make, you get stronger and the fear/anxiety smaller :) If anyone needs support/ has any questions I am here to cheer you on!
 
Congratulations! I know how hard it is to go into the dentist when you have fears or anxiety. As soon as it's over you end up wishing you took care of it a long time ago.
 
Back
Top