• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Growth on tongue

  • Thread starter Thread starter borderer
  • Start date Start date
B

borderer

Junior member
Joined
Feb 23, 2018
Messages
13
Location
Wales/England border
I've been a very phobic patient in the past but have hopfully got over most of it now.
However, when I was at the dentist six weeks ago my dentist picked up on this small white growth on the side of my tongue.
I have been referred to the hospital to have this assessed marked 'not urgent', (how long will that be!?).
The growth is 2 mm long, white and not painful. It doesn't seem to be growing and isn't going away either.
Anyone have any idea what this is or how it is likely to be treated?
Thanks...

(In the UK)
 

Attachments

  • 2025-06-20 01.08.32.jpg
    2025-06-20 01.08.32.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Back
Top