• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

gum color

L

letitia

Hi
I got one of my wisdom teeth out 3 days ago and I had a look at the hole where the tooth was and it looks a whitish Grey color not sure if that's normal and also the tooth that was beside it is more sore than the extraction site please help!

Hi WELCOME to the forum :jump::jump::jump:

The grey white is normal and is a sign of healing. It is also normal for the tooth next to the extraction site to ache a bit too, it should settle down within a couple of weeks. You may also think it feels loose too this is also normal and as you get back to your normal cleaning the gum will toughen back up and secure the tooth. :butterfly:

That is correct. It sounds like you are healing normally, but if you start experiencing pain or any other abnormal symptoms you should go in for an extraction check. If the adjacent tooth doesn't begin to feel better soon you should also have it checked out.

Back