• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Had a cleaning done today

R

rabidstoat

And... that's all to the story.

For me this is a success story because it was such a non-event in my life. No agonizing over the visit for days in advance, no staying up all night the night before dreading the moment to come, no feeling sick all day until the appointment.

At my worst, I avoided dentists for about ten years, and it took months of reading on here for me to work up the courage to finally make (and show up to) that first appointment. This is my third normally scheduled cleaning in a row since I made my first 'big visit', which was followed by a deep cleaning, three root canals and crowns (I think, I lost track!), and four fillings over the space of the year. This was including an emergency dentist visit in Manhattan while on vacation!

People who have never experienced dental phobia will never realize what a huge success it feels like to handle a cleaning like 'a normal person'. I credit an extremely patient dentist with a superb bedside manner, a great office staff, and laughing gas!

Congrats and well done :dance2::dance2::dance2::yayy::yay::yay::yay::claps::claps::claps::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::butterfly: