• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Halcion effective

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rabbit
  • Start date Start date
R

Rabbit

Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2021
Messages
21
Location
Eugene OR
I was considering IV sedation for a root canal due to my fear that a rubber dam may cause me to gag and would not be able to complete procedure. The endo I just saw encouraged me to used 2 Halcion pills instead and thought that would be sufficient. I have used I valium( 5 mg) and nitrous for crown work and a bridge and it helped but towards the end it was getting a little harder. Would the 2 Halcion be stronger tha the Valium and nitrous?
 
Sorry can't help. Halcion is not available in the EU, so no idea.
 
Rabbit,

Did you have the procedure,? curious how this all worked out and how you felt about it if you did.
 
No did not have it yet. Still deciding what to do and may go for extraction rather than a possibly not successfyl retreat meant of a root canal.
 
Did you have the procedure? I’m in the same boat but prescribed one Halcion before the rc. I’m very nervous about the rubber dam part the most ;/
 
Back
Top