• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared of taking Halcion

J

jenjacks19

Hi, I just joined this forum because I am getting my lower premolar extracted in about 2 weeks. I have a general anxiety and panic disorder, and I have a lot of anxiety about my upcoming appointment, mostly due to the medication they want to give me. The oral surgeon recommended Halcion and the gas, but thinking about that is giving me more anxiety than getting the actual tooth pulled. I really think that I would be fine with just Valium, which is what usually works for me when I have a panic attack, but he said he wants to give me the Halcion. I have medication anxiety, and I am sensitive to most medications, and after reading about the effects of Halcion I’m freaking out a bit! So, I would really like to know anyone’s experience with Halcion, and how did it make you feel, and also did you really need to take the gas too, or did the Halcion relax you enough to do it without the gas? He said it shouldn’t be a complicated extraction, and only take about 10-20 minutes.
Thank You for any advice you can give!

How did your appointment go?

Back