• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Hard painless lump

M

MumOfBoys1985

I have a small, hard painless/colourless lump on the upper inside gum, right at the very back, which appeared after a nasty burn to my gum (burnt it on cheese on a pizza). When I got the burn, it was red and blistered for a few days but took a little bit to heal because brushing and eating irritated it.

So then I noticed right in that spot I now have a tiny lump. I have had xrays done in July and there were no issues with my teeth. Theres no pain at all, no sensitivity, the lump is just normal gum coloured and nothing leaks from it. Overnight it seems to disappear and then the following day it seems to come back.

I have had an abscess before and this doesn't look/feel like one but I am wondering what it might be and if I need to be worried?

I did try to take a photo but because the lump isn't big and its the same colour as the rest of the gum, you can't see it. Could it just be scarring?

Thank you in advance.

Probably just some granulation tissue as the area heals itself. Try not to worry about it. It's probably getting a bit irritated by eating etc during the day and comes up a bit higher.

Probably just some granulation tissue as the area heals itself. Try not to worry about it. It's probably getting a bit irritated by eating etc during the day and comes up a bit higher.

Thank Gordon. Its actually much smaller (wasn't that big to start with anyway) now which is typical isnt it. Its one of those scenario where you know its there so you can't stop messing with it with your tongue!

Things always seem bigger when your tongue finds them. I think that needs a Kenneth Williams meme... Ooh matron!

Back