• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Having my few remaining teeth out tomorrow under GA and I am petrified

N

normskii

Hi all! first of all I am so glad I found this forum, it has really helped me go through alot of fear and it helps to realise I am not alone!! After years of not going to the dentist, I started trying to go, but the problem is it freaks me out so much I get panic attacks and many dentists won't treat me as they say my panic attacks are too extreme. I have finally bit the bullet and arranged to have my few remaining teeth taken out under General Anaesthetic.. My teeth have got so bad that most are just rotten stumps, and only really have half a tooth left at the top front!!

The thing is my op is tomorrow morning, and whilst I know it will be over quickly and it is for the best, I am freaking out at the thought of waking up with no teeth left at all and am also worried that this will lead to panic attacks. I should get my new teeth within a week they say. Does anyone have experience they can share to give me a bit of a boost to go through with it tomorrow?? Thanks, will keep you all updated of the outcome! Norm x

Hi all! first of all I am so glad I found this forum, it has really helped me go through alot of fear and it helps to realise I am not alone!! After years of not going to the dentist, I started trying to go, but the problem is it freaks me out so much I get panic attacks and many dentists won't treat me as they say my panic attacks are too extreme. I have finally bit the bullet and arranged to have my few remaining teeth taken out under General Anaesthetic.. My teeth have got so bad that most are just rotten stumps, and only really have half a tooth left at the top front!!

The thing is my op is tomorrow morning, and whilst I know it will be over quickly and it is for the best, I am freaking out at the thought of waking up with no teeth left at all and am also worried that this will lead to panic attacks. I should get my new teeth within a week they say. Does anyone have experience they can share to give me a bit of a boost to go through with it tomorrow?? Thanks, will keep you all updated of the outcome! Norm x

Hi there. I think you will probably be so relieved that it's over and that you've conquered your fear, you'll be over the moon. Make sure you treat yourself to something - a TV show or listening to music you enjoy. Good luck and keep us posted. I'm having a wisdom tooth removed soon and am sick with fear so I know what you're going through ;) x

Back