• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

HELP: 6 Cavities and needle phobia

G

Garcha

I recently discovered I have 6 cavities on my left side. 3 on the top and 3 on the bottom. I am supposed to be going in tomorrow to get all 6 cavities fixed.I have never had so many filled in one day. On top of that the needle phobia is starting to kick in making me more anxious. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten multiple cavities fixed and how the experience was? Also, what helped calm you down?

I've had multiple filled in one visit. It was fine. It actually went by fast. I actually prefer having multiple fillings in one visit! They usually put a topical numbing gel on your gums to numb them before the actual needle so it's not bad at all. It's like a little pinch, sometimes you can't feel it at all just depends on where they numb you. Everything will be fine ?

Hi Garcha, how did your appointment go? Hope all is well and it wasn’t as bad as you were anticipating. Shoot us an update if you get to it. :)

Back