• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help! Im In Severe Pain With My Left Bottom Back Tooth! The Dentist Can't Get It Numb!

M

MichelleZambon

Help! Im In Severe Pain With My Left Bottom Back Tooth! The Dentist Can't Get It Numb!

:(Hi My Name Is Michelle,

Im Only 30 Years Old And Had Perfect Teeth Ti'll After Hurricane Katrina! 3 Months After Hurricane Katrina I Had My Teeth Cleaned And They Were Fine And 3 Months After That I Was Having Toothaches For The First Time Ever And Found Out All My Teeth Were Severely Decayed From Taking A Bunch Of Bladder Medications For Years That Caused Severe Dry Mouth. I Have To Take Them For Chronic Interstitial Cystis For The Rest Of My Life. I Had Big Cavaties Done On Every Tooth. Ive Had 4 Root Canal Teeth Crack Of At The Gums And Recently Removed. I Have 3 Other Teeth That Need To Be Removed. I Am Very Depressed And Want My Teeth And Life Back! I Have No Money For This Work, I Can't Borrow It And Can't Get A Loan And Can't Afford A Loan Anyway! The Lsu Dental School Has A Long Waiting List And Is Still Have The Price. I Am In Soo Much Pain. I Need A Root Canal In My Back Left Lower Tooth And I Have Been On 3 Rounds Of Z Pack, E-mycin. The Dentist Tried Numbing The Tooth Like 10 Times. He Numbed Around The Teeth And In The Back Of My Jaw. My Cheek And Lip Were Numb And Tissue. When He Tried To Drill I Flipped Out And I Started Having Throbbing. It Felt Like Sharp Lightening To The Tooth And The 2 Already Root Canal Teeth In Front Hurt! What The Hell? I Always Have The Gas. I Dont Have The Money For The Root Canal And Don't Know What Im Going To Do!!! Help Someone. I Want To Date, Finish School, Have My Teeth Back. Help! Thank You So Much!!!!

Last edited:
Re: Help! Im In Severe Pain With My Left Bottom Back Tooth! The Dentist Can't Get It Numb!

I can't help much, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're going through this, it can't be nice for you :XXLhug: I'm sure one of the more experienced buys will be along with some advice soon :) stick in there

all my love xx

Re: Help! Im In Severe Pain With My Left Bottom Back Tooth! The Dentist Can't Get It Numb!

THANKS!:hug2: I NEED ALL I CAN GET! THE SUPPORT HELPS! I WISH A MIRACLE WOULD HAPPEN!

Last edited:

Hi Michelle

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain! :XXLhug: Have you tried seeing your GP? They might be able to give you a strong painkiller or an antibiotic while you wait to see your dentist and get the money together for the treatment. The antibiotic will keep the infection in check, and then the anaesthetic will work better.

Wish I could help you more, but I'm sure one of our experts here on the forum will reply to you soon.

All the best :)
sweettooth

Thanks, My Pc Doc Wont B/c He Expects My Dentist Too....but I Cant Affors To See My Dentist....i Really Need To Be On Flagyl. Last Time I Asked My Pc Doc For Antibiotics For My Teeth He Wouldn't Give Me That. So......??????:cry:

i'm so sorry you have to go though all this and pain! i was reading that you can't get numb, it may not be the same, but, one of my teachers had the same problem, and he nerves were crossed, so to numb everything they had to do it on opposite sides.. i'm not a dentist or anything, but its something to look into! feel better!!

I:scared::mad::(:sick: think im not getting numb for a number of reasons...I think its mainly b/c its a hot tooth and needs flagyl not e-mycin or z -pact, 2 he sucks at injections and starts to drill to fast, 3rd severe anxiety and panic and he puts me on the gas and numbs me immediately after he puts on the gas. I am so mad right now b/c I have been calling his house since friday and its 5 am monday morning and he still hasn't called me back. I am furious and in soo much pain. I still don't have any money for this root canal and Im freaking out about it. I also have another big back tooth the has a big cavaity in between the tooth and foot getrs caught in between and it kills me, their is a pocket too. Pain! I also have a bunch of other cavaties, build ups needed, root canals, crowns, implants, etc! HELP!!!!

Michelle :XXLhug:

that's all I've got really, no practical advice, but tons of love and sympathy and understanding. feel free to PM me if you need to vent xx

Back